Over the years, our attorneys have handled numerous large construction projects, from bid solicitation to notice of completion. We also represent developer clients in negotiating a wide variety of consulting contracts in support of construction projects. Our experience spans build-to-suit projects to multi-thousand acre master planned communities with residential, retail, industrial, commercial and resort components. We represent both project owners as well as large contractors, and have developed sophisticated construction contract documents to address fundamental construction issues such as defining the scope of work, warranty, insurance, indemnity, application for payment, change orders, liquidated damages for delay, and remedies for default.
Representative Transactions include:
- Representing a large general contractor in contract negotiations with a major landowner to construct a world class destination resort.
- Advising the developer of a multi-thousand acre master planned community in negotiating and preparing construction bid and contract documents for all aspects of community construction including grading, wet and dry utilities, roads, highways and other surface improvements, bridges, parks, landscaping, golf course, business park and retail center, in all, representing many hundreds of millions of dollars of improvements.
- Assisting a large developer in negotiations with a surety company to take over and complete bonded unfinished work after a subcontractor's bankruptcy.
- Representing the developer of a unique, luxury oceanfront development in its construction and consultant contracting including negotiating with a foreign contractor to design and construct overseas and install locally a highly unusual outdoor inclined cliffs to ocean passenger elevator.
- On behalf of a developer client, negotiating and drafting a lease, work letter, loan documents, construction contract, and related documents for a 200,000 square foot build-to-suit factory and distribution facility.